I am in the final semester of my Master's degree at the Georgia Institute of Technology, School of Public Policy. US News ranks the School in the top 2 schools for IT/Tech specialization in Public Affairs. My expertise is in technology policy issues and am looking for policy analyst/associate roles starting this Summer (2018).
Currently, I work on issue related to digital trade, privacy and cybersecurity for the Internet Governance Project. My Master's thesis is focused on understanding the impact of zero-rating technologies by studying Facebook's Free Basics initiative.
I spent the summer working at the Office of Policy Analysis and Development for the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) in Washington DC. During my internship, I focused on issues concerning the digital divide, cybersecurity and privacy.
Prior to joining to MSPP program, I was a computer engineer with a Master's degree from Georgia Tech and worked at Intel Corporation in California. I am also the founder and president of the student digital rights group, Open Secure Internet Advocates (OSIA) and a member of Electronic Frontiers Georgia (EFGA).
Internet Governance Project, Graduate Researcher, Atlanta
August 2017 - Present
The Internet Governance Project (IGP) is the world's leading source of independent analysis on Internet governance, led by Dr. Milton Mueller. As a graduate researcher, I currently work on issues regarding digital trade and privacy and cybersecurity, and analyzing their relationship in multilateral trade agreements. I contribute to a project analyzing the social science aspects of cybersecurity attribution. I've also co-authored a paper for IGP on content regulation by registrars.
National Telecommunications and Information ADMINISTRATION, Policy Intern, Washington dc
June 2017 - August 2017
This past summer I was a policy intern at the Office of Policy Analysis and Development at NTIA. My daily tasks involved writing memos, summarizing legislation and participating in working groups. Most of my contributions were on projects on cybersecurity, privacy and the digital divide. Along with my colleagues, I presented a research paper at TPRC 45 on financial inclusion and the digital divide.
vertically integrated project, graduate researcher, atlanta ga
August 2016 - May 2017
Contributed to the evaluation of the multi-university VIP (Vertically Integrated Project) consortium as part of role as a Graduate Research Assistant. Studied the process of institutionalization in higher education.
georGIa house democratic caucus, Research and Legis intern, atlanta ga
May 2016 - August 2016
Worked as a member of the policy research and legis team for the 2016 election cycle. Analyzed policy, wrote position papers, op-eds and designed an info-graphic for an education related ballot initiative.
intel corp, Graphics hardware engineer co-op, folsom ca
May 2015 - December 2015
Handled individual as well as team projects, in a fast-paced environment with weekly deadlines. Working with cross-continental teams, involved in development, testing and evaluation reports of Gen 11 graphics.
R STATISTICAL PACKAGE
GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, ATLANTA
M.S., PUBLIC POLICY
Graduating May 2018
GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, ATLANTA
M.S., COMPUTER ENGINEERING
Graduated May 2016
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute, india
B.TECH., INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
Graduated May 2014
- RSA SECURITY SCHOLAR
- ICANN NEXT-GEN FELLOWSHIP
- U. CHICAGO POLICY SUMMIT
- BEST POSTER @ GATECH SECURITY SUMMIT
- Kuerbis, Brenden, and Mehta, Ishan and Milton Mueller, In Search of Amoral Registrars: Content Regulation and Domain Name Policy, Internet Governance Project White Paper (October 26, 2017). Released at ICANN 60. Available at IGP.
- McHenry, Giulia and Goldberg, Rafi M. and Lewis, Maureen and Carlson, Edward and Mehta, Ishan, Digital and Economic Inclusion: How Internet Adoption Impacts Banking Status, TPRC 45 (August 31, 2017). Available at SSRN.
- Farhat, Karim, and Grindal, Karl, and Mehta, Ishan, IoT Security with a Cross-Platform Management Dashboard, Institute for Information Security and Privacy Cyber Security Summit 2017 (September 27, 2017). Available here.
- Mehta, Ishan and Kingsley, Gordon and Lattuca, Lisa and Llewellyn, Donna. Using Evaluation to Inform a Consortium Model for Project-Based Undergraduate STEM Education. Poster presented at Evaluation 2016 (October 26, 2016). Available here.